One of the main wedding websites, Easy weddings has put out a document outlining some important and interesting information about the wedding industry in Australia. Here are some interesting facts about couples getting married in Australia and Queensland:
- Queensland has 18% of all weddings in Australia
- The average cost of a wedding in Queensland is $24,759. Way cheaper than NSW at $36,082!
- The most popular month to get married is March 2019
- Most popular day of the week: Saturday at 63%, Friday at 14% and Sunday at 10%
- Most popular season: Autumn at 37%, Spring 28%, Summer 22% and Winter 13% (these are Australia wide)
- The average Australian couple – Groom is 29 and bride is 28 yrs old, have been engaged for 22 months, 90% will get married in their home state
- 89% of couples live together before getting married
- 49% buy a house before the wedding
- Guests think around $120 is enough for a gift, but $220 if family or close friends
- 60% of engagements are formed with the ring as a surprise, while 24% choose the ring together
- Average cost per head for a wedding venue is $157
- Average cost for a wedding dress in QLD is $2179
On the Sunshine Coast and Sunshine Coast Hinterland there the best wedding locations in Australia.