Here are some important facts about Queensland weddings by Easy weddings to help you plan your marriage ceremony.
- Queensland has 20% of all weddings in Australia
- The average cost of a wedding in Queensland is $29,786. Way cheaper than NSW at $37,08!
- The most popular month to get married is September
- Most popular day of the week: Saturday at 63%, Friday at 14% and Sunday at 10%
- Most popular season: Autumn at 37%, Spring 28%, Summer 22% and Winter 13% (these are Australia wide)
- The average Australian couple – Groom is 31 and bride is 31 yrs old, have been engaged for 22 months,
- The average age for same sex couples is 33 female and 36 for the guys.
- 88% of couples live together before getting married
- 71% have one partner do most of the planning – the bride!
- Most popular way to meet your partner? Online at 27% followed by 21% introduced by friends and family.
- Guests think around $133 is enough for a gift, but $250 if family or close friends
- 60% of engagements are formed with the ring as a surprise, while 24% choose the ring together at an average of $6,000
- Average cost for a wedding venue in Queensland is $13,069
- Most popular wedding theme is Rustic
- Average cost for a wedding dress in QLD is $2178
- Average cost for flowers in QLD is $1,503.
- Most weddings have a celebrant at 88%, with 74% being unplugged and 50% of couples write their own vows.
- In QLD, the average cost for video is $2,403 and $2763 for your photographer.
The Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast Hinterland and of course Noosa, have the best wedding locations in Australia. From huge weddings down to just the two of you eloping, there is a perfect location for your marriage ceremony.
Here you can find out about planning a wedding on the Sunshine Coast with one click!
Here are some tips if you want to elope to the Sunshine Coast or Noosa for your wedding.