Sunshine Coast Celebrant
engagement ring creative photo

Can a friend marry us on the Sunshine Coast?

Can we have a friend do our ceremony for us?  Yes, you sure can.

You can have a friend or relative perform most of the marriage ceremony however a registered civil celebrant will need to be present and ensure all the legal requirements are adhered too.

The Celebrant only has to  identify themselves and state their authority to your guests, say the Monitum and then ensure the couple repeats the official vows in accordance with the Marriage Act of 1961.  The Celebrant would sign all of the official paperwork at the end of the ceremony.

These small roles of the Celebrant can be easily worked into the marriage ceremony, leaving the majority of the ceremony for your friend/relative to do.  This is a great option if you have a special person in your life who you would love to perform your marriage ceremony.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact me at  or call on 0427475559